Got news from Kris Smith, DHS Director: Update on the ISD Supt Search
The Superintendent deadline for applications ended and we have some applications that we are reviewing and are reaching out to the candidates for clarifications on some of the information we received. Upon confirmation with them, we will be sending the information to Beth Purvis in the Governor’s office for her determination on next steps.
Will update more when we hear more from Kris.
Take a sneak peek of list of Superintendents in menu of History on top of the ISDAA website (http://www.isdaa.org/list-of-superintendents/) from 1845 to now.
Who was your superintendent when you were a student?
ISDAA President Susan Dramin-Weiss wants to share with you what’s going on during ISD Homecoming weekend.
Below is a schedule of events for the ISD Homecoming weekend.
Friday, October 9, 2015
- Pre-Homecoming golf outing (10 am) Need more information about it, please contact Bob Dramin at CIDGA@aol.com
- ISDAA Hall of Fame Banquet & Induction Ceremony at Reichert Banquet Bar and Grill located at 1852 South Main Street in South Jacksonville. “Recognizing ISD’s USA Deaf Olympians”. Banquet tickets are now on sale and please contact Tonya Logsdon if you have any questions or concerns about the banquet or the event. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, October 10, 2015
- High School volleyball games (11:30 am) vs. Lovejoy at Marshall Gym.
- Homecoming Deli Luncheon (11 am to 1:30) at Thomas Officer Hall (Unit 1). Reservations along with a payment of $7.00 are required so that enough foods will be ordered to serve everyone! Please contact Elaine Cady at email@example.com
- High School football game (2 pm) vs. Minnesota Deaf.
Sunday, October 11, 2015
- All you can eat Pancake and Sausage breakfast at Tiger Den
Other things that you need to know when you visit campus….
ISDAA Museum will open on Friday from 10 am – 4 pm and Saturday from 9 am – 12 pm and 4 pm – 6 pm. The Museum is located on the third floors of Main Building. (Highly Recommended)
ISDAA will have booth during football game. Stop by and say hello.
We hope you and your families enjoy your weekend. Go ISD Tigers!
Remember please respect our beautiful campus by keeping it clean.
It is sad to announce that Pauline Grace Braddy, 79, (Class of 1956), of Normal, IL, passed away Monday August 31, 2015 in Bloomington. She was born October 25, 1935 in Freeport, IL to John Stanley and Elta (Stanton) Remmers. She attended Illinois School for the Deaf (ISD) in Jacksonville IL, where she met her husband John A. Braddy. They were married on June 16, 1956. Pauline’s faith was very important to her. She was not just a teacher of the word, but a person who lived it. Pauline was one of the founding members of the 1st Assembly of God-Deaf Church in Normal, IL. She was a song leader, member of the deaf choir, Sunday school teacher and active in the women’s deaf ministry. While Pauline and John lived in Rockford, IL she continued to be just as active at the Christian Deaf Center.
Pauline is survived by her husband John A. Braddy; daughters Susan Braddy and Patty Braddy-Reeve; grandson Chris (Kelly) Reeve and precious great granddaughter Baylee Sue Reeve. Sisters Marilyn Adams, Freeport IL and Darlene Shouer, Oregon IL and numerous nephews and nieces. She was preceded in death by her parents and her brother Roger Remmers.
Visitation for Pauline will take place Tuesday, September 8 from 4-7pm at East Lawn Funeral Home, Bloomington, IL. The service will take place Wednesday, September 9 at 10am at East Lawn Funeral Home with burial to follow in East Lawn Memorial Gardens. Memorial contributions can be made in her honor to 1st Assembly of God-Deaf Church, 800 E Vernon Ave, Normal, IL 61761.